11 Mar New recipe! Vegan Energy Balls
Our communications expert and lifestyle writer, Catherine Cameron, makes these Energy Balls to enjoy after teaching fitness classes, training clients (she’s taught fitness classes for 30 years and also trains clients), or just when a healthy snack is in order. They’re vegan, and they’re loaded with good stuff. Best of all, they’re super easy to make and taste fabulous. Give them a try!
Grab your food processor and add:
- 12-15 pitted dates
- 1 cup of whole oats
- 1 cup of assorted nuts and seeds (try a mixture of cashews, almonds, peanuts, walnuts and sunflowers seeds – all unsalted)
- Add 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate (try vegan 90% dark chocolate)
Press play on your food processor for several minutes until you have a coarse crumbly mixture that’s sticky enough to hold together when shaped into small balls by hand. If you need to add a little more coconut oil, add another teaspoon or so. Shape into balls and store in the fridge for a post workout or anytime snack. Enjoy!
PS – this recipe got the thumbs-up from Registered Dietician, Jane Dummer. Learn more about Jane and be sure to check out her new book, The Need for Seeds!