14 Feb 10 ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day: as a couple or a family
Whether you’re looking for a romantic and healthy way to celebrate as a couple, or you celebrate Valentine’s Day as one big loving family, we’ve got you covered. Try one or more of these ideas to get your heart beating a little faster this Valentine’s Day and don’t miss Dr. Knipping’s post about stress and its connection to future cardiovascular events.
Celebrating family style?
- Bundle up the kids and plan an outing – how about ice skating or a a wintry hike?
- Be active as a family and enjoy an afternoon or evening on the toboggan hill. Toast your love and warm chilly fingers by bringing along a thermos of hot chocolate to enjoy.
- Try something new as a family. How about indoor climbing, visiting an indoor trampoline facility, or building a snow fort and enjoying a winter picnic in it?
- Bake and decorate some heart-shaped cookies and share them with those you love.
- Show your love for others by doing something special for another family, an elderly relative or neighbour, or by volunteering in your community.
Just the two of you?
- Plan a healthy meal, shop for the ingredients you’ll need, and get cooking… together!
- No matter what the weather, dress for it and enjoy a winter walk followed by cups of hot chocolate.
- Love and exercise can make our hearts beat faster, so combine them for an active date with someone special. Hit the gym, hit the trails on snowshoes, go for a run, or keep it simple and hold hands on an extra-long walk.
- Indulge in a few spa products and spend an afternoon or evening pampering yourselves with body scrubs and lotions, facials, massages, and do-it-yourself manicures and pedicures.
- Plan a weekend away. Whether you like to shop, wine and dine, or prefer a weekend of winter sports, cherish the time you have together and make some memories.
Have a Happy Valentine’s Day!