05 Dec Tips for a healthier holiday season
December is synonymous with an abundance of eating and drinking, a lack of exercise, too many late nights, and far too much stress. The key to not only making it through this busy month, but actually thriving, is being particularly mindful about one’s health and happiness at this time of year. Try incorporating some of our health tips and finish off 2017 feeling healthier, happier, and empowered to begin 2018 with a renewed commitment to your health.
- Stock your freezer with healthy meals.
With a busy schedule this month, nutrition often takes a back seat. Take defensive action by prepping or purchasing healthy meals and stocking your freezer.
- Healthier snacks, healthier YOU! Skip the cookies in constant circulation at the office and stock your desk or office fridge with fresh fruit, veggies, and nuts and seeds.
- Wash hands often to help prevent the spread of germs.
- Schedule your workouts just as you would any other important appointment. Exercise will help shore up your physical and mental health.
- Stay hydrated. Keep your water bottle with you throughout the day and take plenty of water breaks to stretch your legs and refill.
- Don’t drink and drive or let others drink and drive. Whenever anyone drives drunk, they put others in danger. In fact, in the interest of reducing your risk for many diseases, skip the alcohol and enjoy some sparkling water with a spritz of lemon.
- Manage stress. Some of the best ways to manage stress are exercise (particularly outdoors), getting some extra sleep, meditating, and connecting with family and friends.
- Make plans for January. Now is the perfect time to take control of your health and to book a Complimentary Health Evaluation. We can work with you to achieve your healthy lifestyle goals. It’s never too late to make a commitment to your health.