21 Mar 5 simple ways to make each day more active
You do have time to exercise… we all do. The gym may not be your thing, running a marathon may have little appeal, and hot yoga sessions just don’t compare to lounging on a hot beach. The good news, is that by incorporating exercise into the activities of daily living, you can still reap some of the many benefits of physical activity, all while doing great things for your health. Here are five simple ways to add more activity to your day… the easy way! Think you may need a little extra help becoming more active?
- Walk or bike the kids to school – and yourself to work. Be an active role model for your kids and they’re more likely to be active themselves.
- Get a dog. People who own dogs take more steps. Taking Fido out for a walk three or four times a day will help you achieve or exceed the recommended 10,000 steps a day.
- Be active at work. Take the stairs, ask colleagues to join you for walking meetings instead of sitting around a table, start a lunchtime walking group, and use coffee breaks to get moving.
- Wear comfy shoes. Wear flats or even runners, and you’ll be more likely to run errands on foot or by bike on breaks and at lunch, to hop off the bus a stop or two early, and to park the car a little further from your destination.
- Rethink your ‘down’ time. Turn idle time into active time. Be active on the sidelines while your kids play sports; stretch while you watch the nightly news; take a 30 minute walk after dinner each evening; do your own gardening and outdoor home maintenance; and start and end each day with a few stretches.
Ready to make your health a priority? Book a Complimentary Health Consultation with us and let us be your partner in health!